Mold Removal & Remediation
Serving Santa Cruz County and surrounding areas
Santa Cruz Mold Remediation & Removal
Beside the damage to your home, mold can pose a serious threat to your health by causing allergic reactions, asthma attacks, chronic sinus problems, poisoning by mycotoxins and fungal infections. Similar to bacteria in that it eats and digests the organic matter, mold reproduces by producing airborne spores that can travel quite some distance. To track and stop mold for good, our experts look in the attics, crawlspaces, basements, and behind walls, and use state-of-the-art mold removal equipment and EPA-registered products to clean surfaces and stop your exposure to mold. We employ a variety of types of equipment depending on your situation, including dehumidifiers, negative air machines, air scrubbers and air blowers.
Our Comprehensive Mold Remediation Process Includes
- Locating the mold and the water sources that feed mold, and assessing the damage caused by the mold.
- Isolating and containing the mold by using physical barriers and negative air pressure to prevent it from spreading.
- Capturing and filtering microscopic mold spores from the air, and removing it from surfaces with antimicrobial and antifungal treatments.
- Disposing of mold-infested porous materials and cleaning, sanitizing and deodorizing the personal property and belongings, as needed.
- Repairing and reconstructing the damaged areas to restore your home back to pre-mold condition.
Get a Free Quote
Preventing Mold Growth & Emergency Work Procedures
HOW TO efficiently prevent Mold Growth
- The key to controlling indoor mold growth is to control the moisture levels.
- Fix the source of any water problem or leak to prevent future mold growth.
- Reduce indoor humidity levels by using your air conditioners and dehumidifiers.
- Keep interior surfaces clean and dry. Clean off existing mold with fresh water and strong detergent, and then dry completely.
- Prevent moisture condensation on cold surfaces like windows, pipes and refrigerators.
- Be aware that molds can be found almost anywhere and can grow on virtually any surface where moisture is present.
- Call CLEAN-TEC at 831-457-8666 for immediate assistance.
WHAT TO EXPECT from a professional Mold Remediation Company
- A detailed assessment of the building and/or its contents, which includes a thorough inspection of all areas using moisture meters and a thermal imaging camera, and detailed photos. Mold testing by a certified environmental hygienist might also be considered at this time.
- Removal of contents.
- If necessary, extraction of any standing water.
- Seal off the affected area.
- If moisture is present, the area must be dried before remediation can be started.
- Removal of mold contaminated building materials.
- Application of anti-microbial and/or anti-fungal solutions to affected areas.
- Specialty cleaning of salvageable items.