Moisture Detection & Mapping
Serving Santa Cruz County and surrounding areas
Santa Cruz Moisture Detection & Mapping
When excessive moisture or water accumulates indoors, mold growth will always occur, particularly if the moisture-retention problem remains undiscovered by the owner. There is no practical way to eliminate all molds and mold spores in the indoor environment; the way to control the growth of dangerous mold is to control the moisture. Our trained technicians use non-invasive infrared leak detection to accurately locate leaks, saving water, time and money.
Our Complete Infrared Moisture Detection Consists of:
- Detecting moisture, water leaks and their origin (in walls, flooring, roofing).
- Detecting moisture and water leaks due to the plumbing issues (from broken pipes, blockages).
- Detecting moisture that cannot be physically reached with moisture meters.
- Checking energy efficiency for heating and cooling loss (through windows, walls, insulation).
- Documenting results and providing tangible proof crucial for repair verification and insurance purposes.
Get a Quote
Preventing Mold Growth & Emergency Work Procedures
HOW TO efficiently prevent Mold Growth
- The key to controlling indoor mold growth is to control the moisture levels.
- Fix the source of any water problem or leak to prevent future mold growth.
- Reduce indoor humidity levels by using your air conditioners and dehumidifiers.
- Keep interior surfaces clean and dry. Clean off existing mold with fresh water and strong detergent, and then dry completely.
- Prevent moisture condensation on cold surfaces like windows, pipes and refrigerators.
- Be aware that molds can be found almost anywhere and can grow on virtually any surface where moisture is present.
- Call CLEAN-TEC at 831-457-8666 for immediate assistance.
WHAT TO EXPECT from a professional Mold Remediation Company
- A detailed assessment of the building and/or its contents, which includes a thorough inspection of all areas using moisture meters and a thermal imaging camera, and detailed photos. Mold testing by a certified environmental hygienist might also be considered at this time.
- Removal of contents.
- If necessary, extraction of any standing water.
- Seal off the affected area.
- If moisture is present, the area must be dried before remediation can be started.
- Removal of mold contaminated building materials.
- Application of anti-microbial and/or anti-fungal solutions to affected areas.
- Specialty cleaning of salvageable items.