Soot Removal & Cleanup
Serving Santa Cruz County and surrounding areas
Soot Removal & Cleanup in Santa Cruz
Soot is a black powdery or flaky substance that forms through incomplete combustion and is quite common for soot particles to cling to surfaces such as walls and ceilings, as well as building contents. Soot can be very dangerous, particularly if it contains residue from chemicals, plastics, and other caustic materials that have burned. If you have any kind of soot lingering in your home, you should leave the clean-up to a professional restoration company. We use several products specifically designed for the removal of soot from a variety of surfaces, and can help you quickly cleanup your residence or business.
The Methods of Cleaning the Heavy Soot Residue Might Include:
- Low-Pressure Sandblasting
- Sodium Bicarbonate Blasting
- Dry Ice Blasting
- Power Stream Washing
- Chemical Application & Agitation
- Non-Destructive Rubber Blasting
Get a Free Quote
Fire Damage Do’s & Don’ts
WHAT TO DO in case of Fire Emergency
- Stay calm!
- Open all the windows for ventilation if weather permits.
- Remove children and pets (especially birds) to a clean, calm and safe environment.
- Be sure your hands are always clean – you don’t want to spread the soot around.
- Close doors in affected areas to slow down the spread of smoke and odor.
- Empty the refrigerator and freezer completely if electricity is off. Prop doors open.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over air registers to keep the air out of the HVAC system.
- Call CLEAN-TEC at 831-457-8666 for immediate assistance.
WHAT NOT TO DO in case of Fire Emergency
- Wipe or attempt to wash foreign residues from walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Use carpeting or upholstered furniture impacted by smoke residues or debris.
- Use exposed food or canned goods that have been exposed to heat.
- Turn on TVs, stereos or any other electrical appliances until cleaned and checked.
- Send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner, because improper cleaning may set the smoke/odor. Use a trained professional in fabric restoration.
- Walk on carpets and floors unless you put down clean sheets or towels. You don’t want to grind the soot in or carry it to other areas on your feet.
WHAT TO EXPECT from a professional Fire Damage Company
Our technicians will work quickly to stop the damage, remove the smoke odor and to restore your home and personal contents back to their pre-damaged condition by using our state-of-the-art cleaning systems and equipment.