Smoke Odor Removal
Serving Santa Cruz County and surrounding areas
Smoke Odor Removal in Santa Cruz
Stubborn smoke odor can linger in the home for a long time after the fire, compromising the indoor air quality and posing health hazards to the occupants of the building, so you need to take every possible measure to get rid of the smoke smell quickly and effectively. No matter how little or big your fire loss is, our professional technicians use professional HEPA vacuum and treatments that breaks up smoke molecules and eliminates odors, and can restore your residence or business back to normal quickly.
Importance of Professional Smoke & Odor Removal
- Ash and smoke can continue to cause damage and corrosion to materials left behind.
- Odors from smoke will stay in the home long after the fire and continue to cause problems.
- In a few minutes after the fire the walls and other surfaces can become discolored.
- In a few hours after the fire the finishes on kitchen appliances turn yellow.
- Smoke causes etching in glass after just a short time, and smoke will tarnish metal quickly.
Get a Quote
Fire Damage Do’s & Don’ts
WHAT TO DO in case of Fire Emergency
- Stay calm!
- Open all the windows for ventilation if weather permits.
- Remove children and pets (especially birds) to a clean, calm and safe environment.
- Be sure your hands are always clean – you don’t want to spread the soot around.
- Close doors in affected areas to slow down the spread of smoke and odor.
- Empty the refrigerator and freezer completely if electricity is off. Prop doors open.
- Tape damp cheesecloth over air registers to keep the air out of the HVAC system.
- Call CLEAN-TEC at 831-457-8666 for immediate assistance.
WHAT NOT TO DO in case of Fire Emergency
- Wipe or attempt to wash foreign residues from walls, ceilings or other absorbent surfaces.
- Use carpeting or upholstered furniture impacted by smoke residues or debris.
- Use exposed food or canned goods that have been exposed to heat.
- Turn on TVs, stereos or any other electrical appliances until cleaned and checked.
- Send smoked garments to an ordinary dry cleaner, because improper cleaning may set the smoke/odor. Use a trained professional in fabric restoration.
- Walk on carpets and floors unless you put down clean sheets or towels. You don’t want to grind the soot in or carry it to other areas on your feet.
WHAT TO EXPECT from a professional Fire Damage Company
Our technicians will work quickly to stop the damage, remove the smoke odor and to restore your home and personal contents back to their pre-damaged condition by using our state-of-the-art cleaning systems and equipment.